This blog is for Christians passionate about living out their faith in every aspect of their life and being guided by both love and truth.
I’m convinced the two greatest components to a successful, obedient, and victorious Christian life are to receive, walk in and give love and to pursue, cherish, and live by truth.
With the principles of love and truth as guideposts, I’m going to write specifically about the following topics: Marriage and Parenting, Work with Purpose, Government Policy and Politics, Evangelism and Apologetics, Personal Finances, Blogging, Relationship with God,and Leaving a Legacy.
You can’t be a Christian, let alone a non-Christian, and make it through life (or even one day in life) without being forced to deal head-on with one or more of these issues. I’m very interested in all of theses topics but they’re not just my interests. In my mind, they are the nuts and bolts, so to speak, of everyday living. In addition to being guided by the principles of love and truth and the topics I’ve mentioned, I’ll also try to follow the following guidelines:
1. Be Personal But Don’t Make it About Me – I will, of course, make reference to my own life experiences but I’ll try to resist the temptation to make this blog about me. I want this to be interesting to you and applicable to your life.
2. Start and Continue A Conversation, Don’t Preach a Sermon – Though I will obviously be offering my perspective, I will end every post asking a question which will hopefully start a conversation through comments. I will strive to respond to comments as often as I can.
3. It’s Not About Money – I’d be dishonest if I didn’t say that my hope is that one day my blogging will result in so many readers being blessed by what I write that there would be some way that God would provide income for me and my family through the blog. Having said that, that is not on my radar screen right now and I intend to focus on providing interesting and helpful content and a service to my readers, not trying to figure out how to “monetize” this blog.
4. Be Focused But Flexible – I’ve chosen not to have a very narrow topical focus for the blog but at the same time provide an overall theme (Christian Living), some guiding principles (love and truth), as well as sub-topics upon which my posts will be based. Hopefully that will provide enough flexibility to lead to a variety of discussions while at the same time give it enough structure to give the blog an identity and the readers some common ground in terms of their interests.
5. Be Consistent – I have a busy life just as you do, but I’m committed to posting regularly on this blog and responding to comments. As a reader, I imagine you expect nothing less. I feel like I got my feet wet with my first blog guysforjesus.com. I learned a few things but I wasn’t consistent in my blogging. I believe this blog is part of the plan God has for the rest of my life. I’ll also try to be consistent with the theme and topics I’ve chosen to write about.
I hope this blog blesses you and please let me know how I can improve it.